Dogs are often considered man’s best friends. There is actually quite a bit of truth to that statement. This article will provide you with some great advice on how to understand your new best friend.
Since your dog cannot talk to you, you need to learn your dog’s cues. If your dog seems hesitant when meeting another person or dog, you shouldn’t attempt to force interaction with them. This may cause your dog to get scared and he might bite. Look out for non-verbal cues and follow them, the dog can guide your actions.
It can cost a lot of money to take care of or to raise a dog. Emergency vet visits can cost a bundle, so you may want to invest in health insurance for your dog.
Do not fall prey to the temptation to feed “people food” to your dog . This causes regular dog-begging and will result in wanting human food every time you have a meal.
- It is not a good idea to train them where there are distractions around. Find a quiet dog friendly environment so they will be able to concentrate and it will be more difficult to teach them even the most basic commands.
- Never take your dog outside your yard without a leash, even if he seems very trustworthy and calm. You are responsible if your dog gets hurt or hurts other dogs or people.
- Positive Reinforcing – You need your dog to realize that he or she has done something you like and approve of. Another way of reinforcing is to praise him. When he gets praised – he does what you’d like him to do.
- Avoid buying your dog industrial food so your dog will be healthier. Cheap brands are usually loaded with additives, that can be dangerous for your dog’s health. Check with animal advocacy groups or pet supermarket, for a list of foods you should be feeding your dog.
- Take the time to correct bad behavior in your dog, the first time you see it. If not you could end up with a dog that hurts other people, so get a handle on it now.
- Your dog needs attention and shouldn’t be left outside in the yard by himself for the entire day, dogs need companionship and interaction with others. Your dog may get lonely, also they could be bitten by ticks, you need to keep your dog inside.
- Some dog breeds are more likely than others to develop certain health issues you need to watch for. Research the kind of your dog and take steps to ensure he does not get any infections or diseases.
- Are you aware that some vitamins can actually harm dogs? Your dog should not need vitamins if you feed it a good diet. Too many vitamins can damage his body, particularly the bones, and blood vessels. Speak with a vet before you give your dog’s vitamin regimen.
- Don’t think that a dog’s health status can be determined by how its nose be the indicator of his health. Your dog’s nose could be wet and cold even if they are sick. Instead, monitor your dog’s health through energy levels, bathroom habits, appetite and thirst- These signs of how your dog is feeling. A rectal thermometer can be used on the dog is feverish.
Just because your dog is kept outside, doesn’t mean they need less attention as an indoor dogs. Your dog will acquire poor habits like digging or barking if it is alone all the time. He could even become nervous or fearful of people. Give him lots of love and play with him too, to make him happy.
Dogs are great companions. The more you know about them, the more fulfilling your relationship is going to be. Now you know much more about having a happy, healthy dog. Your dog will be your best friend.
Black jeans, so beloved by German DJs and teenage Goths, have won the match against blue j…